PAGE 1 - CHEMICAL EQUATIONS
In chemistry one of the main huge areas is chemical equations. However, before we do go in and look at putting together an equation we need to establish some key points:
- Atoms re-arrange themselves to form new substances called the products.
- Atoms are neither created or destroyed; so this is why it's important to have a balanced equation, which also means the mass of reactants must equal the products.
- The number of atoms in the reactants must equal the number of atoms in the products.
- Symbol equations show the number of atom in a reaction.
- Word equations are just the names of the reactants and products.